enabling young learners through large scale programs
HARYANA GOVT. X UDHYAM
HARYANA GOVT. X
Udhyam partnered with Medha Foundation and Skill Development and Industrial Training Department Government of Haryana.
The program is focused on building employability and entrepreneurship skills among government ITI students of Haryana. Udhyam, in partnership with Medha Foundation, is training the Employability Skill Instructors (ESIs) on implementing the new methodology of facilitation and experiential learning in government ITIs. The program is implemented through the ‘Training of Trainers’ model, where ESIs are enabled to create the change.
The program is currently, operational in all 22 districts of Haryana.
SEPT '19 - AUG '20
- Trained 54 ESIs, across 22 districts on new curriculum and methodology of delivery to impact 12k+ learners
- Conducted 2 rounds of on-ground support and field observations to observe effective content delivery
- Identified 22 Champion Employability Skills Instructors (ESIs)
- 37% increase (4474 learners) in ‘Growth mindset’ observed among 12k learners
- Alumni Engagement: 100 learners went through the Career Awareness and Advancement Program in 2 Districts
SEPT '20 - AUG '21
- Identified 22 ESIs were trained as Master Trainers for districts across Haryana
- To ensure sustainability, a 3-tier structure within the department was created with Joint Director, 2 Head Office managers (Replacement of Project Team), and 22 District Master Trainers (ESIs) with 32 ESIs
- Alumni Engagement: Implementing Youth Engagement interventions with 1200+ ITI students across 10 districts
Jt. Director, Apprentice, Department of Skills Development and Industrial Training, Haryana
It is a misconception that students who don't do well end up joining ITIs, I disagree. I believe the system should provide students with an environment to realize their actual potential. The Haryana Project, wherein Udhyam Learning Foundation along with Medha Foundation, is providing substantial support to ESIs to facilitate 'experiential learning' for the Employability Skills subject, to help students get exposure to 21st-century skills. Udhyam has also played a key role in institutionalizing this change by focusing on the leadership skills of our instructors. Udhyam started supporting the Department to focus on its vision of changing the ITIs to Industrial Training and Entrepreneurship Institutes under the Udhyami Haryana Program and establishing incubation labs at ITIs
Employability Skill Instructor, ITI Ambala City Haryana
Digital Learning and Teaching has led my life to an easy and innovative world. For several years, I was focusing on traditional teaching methodology but things changed after the pandemic. Last year, I got appointed as HO Manager by the Department and with support from Udhyam Learning Foundation, I got trained in both, Employability skills curriculum and Technical skills. I learnt about online platforms and most importantly, I created the Digital Learning ES Content for all govt./private ITIs in Haryana, which enhanced my knowledge and updated me with the world moving online.
Employability Skill Instructor, ITI Karnal, Haryana
Last year, I was identified as Master Trainer by SDIT department and I accepted this challenging role which is full of learnings. As an instructor, I was only teaching students, giving them feedback, but now I have the responsibility of observing my fellow ESIs and give constructive feedback to them, which is itself a big challenge. Here, I have learnt about mentorship, I keep encouraging my concerned ESIs, which has helped me work upon my leadership and communication skills. I am actually enjoying this role.
How ITI Students Of Haryana Are Braving Unemployment With Entrepreneurship
Since the program was taking place during a pandemic, most students started their businesses during the pandemic only. They did …